The Customer must not use the Hosted Services in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Hosted Services or Platform or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Hosted Services.
The Customer must not use the Hosted Services:
- a) in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or
- (b) in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Customer is prohibited from any effort to reverse engineer or decompile any software owned, operated, or provided by the Provider and is prohibited to use any software owned, operated, or provided by the Provider to create a similar product or service or assisting any third party in such efforts.
Customer Data must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Customer Data, and the use of Customer Data by the Provider in any manner licensed or otherwise authorized by the Customer, must not:
- be libelous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime, or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- constitute a breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- constitute a breach of official secrets legislation; or
- constitute a breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
- The Customer must ensure that Customer Data is not and has never been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- Customer Data must be appropriate for all persons who have access to or are likely to access the Data in question, and in particular for children over 12 years of age.
- Customer Data must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
- Customer Data must not be pornographic or sexually explicit.
- Customer Data must not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Statements of fact contained in Customer Data and relating to persons (legal or natural) must be true; and statements of opinion contained in Customer Data and relating to persons (legal or natural) must be reasonable, be honestly held and indicate the basis of the opinion.
- Customer Data must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behavior on the internet.
- Customer Data must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
- Customer Data must not be liable to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- The Customer must not use the Hosted Services to send any hostile communication or any communication intended to insult, including such communications directed at a particular person or group of people.
- The Customer must not use the Hosted Services for the purpose of deliberately upsetting or offending others.
- The Customer must not unnecessarily flood the Hosted Services with material relating to a particular subject or subject area, whether alone or in conjunction with others.
- The Customer must ensure that Customer Data does not duplicate other content available through the Hosted Services.
- The Customer must ensure that Customer Data is appropriately categorized.
- The Customer should use appropriate and informative titles for all Customer Data.
- The Customer must at all times be courteous and polite to other Customers of the Hosted Services.
Marketing and Spam
- The Customer must not without the written permission use the Hosted Services for any purpose relating to the marketing, advertising, promotion, sale or supply of any product, service or commercial offering.
- Customer Data must not constitute or contain spam, and the Customer must not use the Hosted Services to store or transmit spam - which for these purposes shall include all unlawful marketing communications and unsolicited commercial communications.
- The Customer must not send any spam or other marketing communications to any person using any email address or other contact details made available through the Hosted Services or that the Customer find using the Hosted Services.
- The Customer must not use the Hosted Services to promote or operate any chain letters, Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, matrix programs, "get rich quick" schemes or similar letters, schemes or programs.
- The Customer must not use the Hosted Services for any purpose relating to gambling, gaming, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, prize competitions or any gambling-related activity.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Provider may actively monitor Customer Data and the use of the Hosted Services to ensure that Customer usage meets Acceptable Use requirements.
- The Customer must not conduct any systematic or automated data scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting, or other systematic or automated data collection activity, by means of or in relation to the Hosted Services.
- The Customer must not link to any material using or by means of the Hosted Services that would, if it were made available through the Hosted Services, breach the provisions of this Policy.
- Customer Data must not contain or consist of, and the Customer must not promote or distribute by means of the Hosted Services, any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other harmful or malicious software, programs, routines, applications or technologies.
- Customer Data must not contain or consist of, and the Customer must not promote or distribute by means of the Hosted Services, any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may have a material negative effect upon the performance of a computer or introduce material security risks to a computer.
Responsibility for Your Content
- The Customer is solely responsible for Customer Data and the Provider recommends that the Customer keep a back-up for its content at all times; and the Customer must ensure the following at all times:
- The Customer has the right to require to submit, transmit or display Customer Data, and to grant the Provider these rights as set out in these Terms; and
- Customer Data (and the use of Customer Data in accordance with these Terms) does not infringe or violate the rights of any person or breach any applicable laws or regulations.